♥Wishes all fans and visitors a Happy and a prosperous DIWALI♥

Thursday, 22 November 2012

Bijnor

District Bijnor is related to Mahabharat.There is a Vidur kuti which is about 12 km from Bijnor and having historical importance. In the time of Mughal emperor Akbar, Bijnor formed part of the Mughal Empire. However, in the early part of the 18th century, the Rohilla Pashtuns established their independence in the country called by them Rohilkhand. 1748 the Rohilla chief Ali Mohammed Khan made his first annexations in Bijnor, the rest of which soon fell under the Rohilla domination.

In the Disyrict binjor a city Najibabad, Where  a fort of great Sultana Daku or "The Sultan Bandit". it has been said that the vehicles can easily be run on the width of the fort.
Bijnor District
In 1772 the Nawab of Oudh made a treaty with the Rohillas, covenanting to expel the Marathas in return for a money payment. He carried out his part of the bargain; but the Rohilla chieftains refused to pay. In 1774 the Nawab concluded with the East India Company government of Calcutta a treaty of alliance, and he now called upon the British, in accordance with its terms, to supply a brigade to assist him in enforcing his claims against the Rohillas. This was done; in the Rohilla War, the Rohillas were driven beyond the Ganges, and Bijnor was incorporated in the territories of the nawab, who in 1774 ceded it to the British East India Company. Bijnor is uneventful until the Mutiny of 1857, when (on 1 June) it was occupied by the nawab of Najibabad, a grandson of Zabita Khan. In spite of fighting between the Hindus and the Muslim Pashtuns, the Nawab succeeded in maintaining his position until the 21 April 1858, when he was defeated by the British at Nagina.

Distance of Bijnor city form Indira Gandhi International Airport New Delhi, is 170 km via National Highway 119.

Bijnor, or more correctly Bijnaur, occupies the north-west corner of the Moradabad Division (historically, Rohilkhand or Bareilly region), and is a roughly triangular stretch of country with its apex to the north. The western boundary is formed throughout by the deep stream of the river Ganges, beyond which lie the four districts of Dehradun, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Meerut, all belonging to the meerut Division. To the north and north-east in the hill country of Garhwal, the dividing ling being the submontane road, which runs from Hardwar along the foot of the Himalayas to Ramanagar, Haldwani and Tanakpur. This road, popularly known as the Kandi Saradk, belongs throughout its length to Garhwal, the transfer having taken place a few years since. On the east the Phika river for the greater part of its course constitutes the boundary, separating this district from Naini Tal and Moradabad, as far as its junction with the Ramganga; and to the south lie the Thakurdwara, Amroha, and Hasanpur tahsils of Moradabad, the boundary being conventional and undetermined by natural features. The common tongue of the people in the Hindi dialect of Western Hindi.
According to the 2011 census Bijnor district has a population of 3,683,896

No comments:

Post a Comment